The glass of your car is made of a material that is very resistant to damage. This is one of the reasons why it is used as a windshield and door glass. If you need to replace or repair your automatic glass, you should do some things and not do it.
Things You Should Do
- Avoid Knocking On Doors. Most cars and other vehicles are airtight. If you have just put something away from the glass, be careful not to knock the doors when rolling the windows. If you strike the doors, you can create excessive air pressure against the newly installed glass. This can damage the glass seal, which can move the glass out of its actual position. It could also cause a glass leak. In both cases, you need to bring your car back to the store to solve the problem. You usually have to replace the glass
- Replace Windshield Wipers As Needed: These mechanical devices will work against the automatic windscreen in rain or snow. In overtime, they wear out and can cause annoying scratches or damage the windshield. In this case, the windshield wears off and may need replacing. Check your windscreen wipers regularly and replace them every few months or as soon as they look worn.
Things You Should Not Do
- Wash Your Car: After installing a new car window, wait forty-eight hours before washing your car. This includes washing hands and using a car wash. If you do not wait, you can damage the car window seal when replacing the new windscreen.
- To Drive The Car Too Early: After replacing the car window, wait at least sixty minutes before driving the car. When installing the windshield, the automatic glass service technician uses materials such as adhesives and special glass. You need time to familiarize yourself with the temperature and humidity of the environment.
- Apply Tape To The Automatic Glass: If the windshield or automatic glass is installed, you will usually use a special tape to attach the moldings, especially to the windshield. You should not remove this tape until 24 hours later. If it is removed too soon, the support required by the glass is lost. The band generally does not hinder your ability to see outside the windshield, so it’s safe to drive with the band.
- Avoid Use of Detergents or Cleaners: Do not use detergents or cleaners in your car immediately after changing the glass automatically. Wait at least three days before washing. Car glass professionals also use special adhesive tape to stabilize the car’s windshield. This tape should be removed only 24 hours after installing the windshield.
If you have questions, contact the technician. We will gladly answer your questions. Most will tell you what to do after the automatic installation of the glass and what not.